Analyzing a Company
What is a Valuation Method?
Valuation is the analytical process of determining the current (or projected) worth of an asset or a company.
Searching for a Company
In the Company Tab, the user can search for a Company he chooses and view its Financial Status. Let's search for The Coca-Cola Company.
- Head to Company page.
In the search box type the name of the Company (For example "KO" or "coca-cola") and it should display a results table.
- Go ahead and select the Company with the Ticker Symbol "KO".
We can see the price details of Coca-Cola (current price, daily change, %) in the top card.
By default, the Summary tab is shown.
The Summary Tab
Contains 3 lists at the top that display general information about Price Movement and Volatility.
Also, the page contains a chart provided by TradingView just like the one in the example below.
The chart is a representation of the price movement of KO (Coca-Cola stock) for the selected Time Series (1h, 1D, 1W, etc.)
The Profile Tab
Contains a brief description of the Company's business and more general information such as Sector, Industry, Employees, etc.
Financial Statements (Income/Balance Sheet/Cash Flow)
Each page contains a table that display the respective Financial Statements.
The application will show all reports since the IPO, but note that the reports might not be 100% accurate, so to be absolutely sure of the values provided, please check the Link to Report filing, there is a row at the bottom of each table.
The Insider Tab
Contains a table that displays recent transactions made by insiders of the Company (Directors, Managers, etc.)
The Valuation Tab
This is where we can apply our Valuation Methods.
Let's apply the default Dividend Discount Model to see how this works.
In order to apply valuations you need an account. If you don't have one, you can create it here.
- Head to the Valuation Tab of KO (Coca-Cola).
- Click "Select Valuation" and choose Dividend Discount Model (under Default Valuations).
- Next, the Valuation is run and the application loads some new sections.
- The Values Section displays Single element values. For example, it displays the Calculated Value of the Stock and compares it with the Current Price to determine if the Stock is Undervalued/Overvalued.
- The Charts Section plots multiple values. For "KO" Stock example, we have plotted a table containing 10 Years of historic Dividends and 10 Years of projected Dividends, just to visualize the expected growth a little better.
- The application also supports Tables, but we will cover them in a later section. (3. Displaying Results, Tables and Charts)
- You can click on the top button on the right "Show Code" to see the actual Code that is being run.
Next section is going to be about API Functions.